Managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of establishments that provide services to business, and ensure the quality of those services and client satisfaction. They work in fields such as management consulting, market research, personnel and payroll services, contact centre services and security services.
accounting firm manager
contact centre manager
employment agency manager
energy asset joint venture manager
legal firm manager
manager, management consulting service
manager, market research service
manager, nursing registry
payroll service manager
personnel agency manager
professional services manager – business services
security service managerView all titles
Managers in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of establishments that provide services to business such as management consulting, market research, personnel and payroll services, contact centre services and security services
- Plan, develop and organize the policies and procedures of these establishments
- Develop action plans, provide expertise in response to client needs, and support and advise project teams
- Direct and advise staff in the development and implementation of service quality assessment strategies
- Plan, administer and control budgets for client projects, contracts, equipment and supplies
- Represent the company within various economic and social organizations
- Assist staff with administrative or technical problems
- Hire, train and supervise staff.
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in a field related to the business service provided is usually required.
- Several years of experience in a field related to the business service provided are usually required.
- Licences, certificates or registration may be required for some business services managers. For example, accounting firm managers usually require accounting certification.
- University studies in business administration may be required.
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- Architecture and science managers
- Banking, credit and other investment managers
- Computer and information systems managers
- Engineering managers
- Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers
- Senior managers - financial, communications and other business services
Classification Structure - 0