9613 Labourers in Chemical Products Processing and Utilities
Labourers in this group carry out a variety of material handling, cleaning and routine labouring activities.
cleaner, filter – chemical processing
cleaner, still – chemical processing
coating machine feeder – chemical processing
helper – chemical processing
labourer – gas utility
loader – chemical processing
water intake tender
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability to carry out a variety of material handling, cleaning and labouring activities
- Motor co-ordination and manual dexterity to feed and unload production machinery and equipment, to move and pile materials and products manually and to perform general duties such as basic construction, painting and other manual tasks
- Methodical interest in comparing information to clean production areas and chemical processing machines and equipment
- Objective interest in operating equipment to move and pile materials and products; and in assisting workers to operate processing plant equipment
- Innovative interest in sorting materials and products, and in aassisting other workers to repair and maintain processing, gas distribution, water filtration and waste water plant equipment
3Near and far vision
4Other body positions
1Upper limb co-ordination
L1Regulated inside climate
H1Dangerous chemical substances
H3Equipment, machinery, tools
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
Electrical, water and waste treatment utilities
Petroleum and natural gas processing companies
Pipeline and petrochemical companies
Considerable mobility is possible among jobs in this occupational group.
Progression to operator positions in the chemical or utility industry is possible with experience and appropriate entry qualifications.
Chemical Plant Machine Operators (9421)
Petroleum, Gas and Chemical Process Operators (9232)
Power Systems and Power Station Operators (7352)
Supervisors, Petroleum, Gas and Chemical Processing and Utilities (9212)
Water and Waste Plant Operators (9424)
Waterworks and Gas Maintenance Workers (7442)