9487.2 Inspectors and Testers, Electrical Apparatus Manufacturing
Inspectors and testers, electrical apparatus manufacturing, inspect and test completed parts and production items.
inspector, electrical dry battery
inspector, electrical light bulbs
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability to inspect and test completed electrical parts and production items
- Motor co-ordination and manual dexterity to check in-process and completed production items for mechanical defects
- Methodical interest in copying information to collect, record and summarize inspection results; and in marking acceptable and defective assemblies
- Objective interest in operating testing equipment to maintain quality of products
- Directive interest in handling products during inspections to identify and return faulty assemblies to production for repairs
2Standing and/or walking
1Upper limb co-ordination
L1Regulated inside climate
- Some secondary school education is usually required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Inspectors may require experience as an assembler in the same company.
Electric appliance manufacturing companies
Electrical equipment manufacturing companies
Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
Assemblers and Inspectors, Electrical Appliance, Apparatus and Equipment Manufacturing (9484)
Supervisors, Electrical Products Manufacturing (9223)