6662.3 Furnace and Ventilation System Cleaners
Furnace and ventilation system cleaners clean furnaces and ventilation systems using specialized equipment and techniques.
ventilation system cleaner
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability to understand and apply furnace and ventilation-system cleaning techniques
- Motor co-ordination and manual dexterity to clean ducts, vents and filters of furnaces in residences and commercial buildings
- Objective interest in operating hand tools and industrial vacuum cleaners
- Methodical interest in comparing to inspect surfaces for dust, dirt, grease and other deposits; and in cleaning furnaces and ventilation systems
- Directive interest in selecting appropriate furnace and ventilation-system cleaning techniques
4Other body positions
1Upper limb co-ordination
L1Regulated inside climate
H3Equipment, machinery, tools
- There are no specific educational requirements for occupations in this group.
- On-the-job training is usually provided.
- Previous experience in a related position may be required.
Specialized cleaning services companies
Progression to supervisory positions is possible with additional training or experience.
Cleaning Supervisors (6215)
Janitors, Caretakers and Building Superintendents (6663)
Light Duty Cleaners (6661)