6481.2 Make-Up Consultants
Make-up consultants advise clients on their personal appearance to improve their personal and business images.
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability to understand and use make-up application techniques
- Verbal ability to arrange appointments, meet clients and explain services and fees
- Form perception to observe detail in skin and facial features
- Finger dexterity to apply make-up
- Social interest in assisting clients by advising on type, colour and application of make-up
- Methodical interest in manipulating to apply make-up for special occasions such as weddings, parties and photography sessions
- Directive interest in compiling information to recommend and arrange for manicures, pedicures, silkwraps, facials, massages and other esthetic services
1Upper limb co-ordination
L1Regulated inside climate
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Specialized training courses are available for make-up and skin care consultants.
- Experience and expertise in fashion, art, modelling or related fields are usually required.
Image consulting companies
Cosmeticians and manicurists (in 6482 Estheticians, Electrologists and Related Occupations)
Hairstylists and Barbers (6271)
Make-up artists (in 5226 Other Technical and Co-ordinating Occupations in Motion Pictures Broadcasting and the Performing Arts)
Modelling school instructors (in 4216 Other Instructors)