Housekeepers perform housekeeping and other home management duties.
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability, motor co-ordination and manual dexterity to carry out home management duties
- Methodical interest in copying information to work under general direction of employers, and to plan and prepare meals independently or with employers
- Objective interest in handling cleaning materials and equipment to perform housekeeping tasks
- Social interest in serving – assisting to perform housekeeping duties; may serve meals and care for children
4Other body positions
1Upper limb co-ordination
L1Regulated inside climate
- Some secondary school education is usually required.
- Child-care or home management experience may be required.
- First aid certification may be required.
There is mobility among the occupations in the 6471 group.
Babysitters, Nannies and Parents' Helpers (6474)
Housekeepers who are house cleaners (in 6661 Light Duty Cleaners)