6463.6 Parking Control Officers
Parking control officers enforce parking control by-laws of provincial and municipal governments.
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability to acquire knowledge of parking by-laws
- Motor co-ordination to operate vehicles and issue tickets
- Methodical interest in copying to complete tickets indicating information such as dates, meter numbers and space areas, licence numbers and times of infractions
- Directive interest in enforcing parking by-laws on city streets, regional roads and municipal properties
- Objective interest in driving to patrol assigned areas of metered parking lots and sections of the city
3Near and far vision
3Sitting, standing, walking
1Upper limb co-ordination
L1Regulated inside climate
L4In a vehicle or cab
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a college program or courses in law and security or other related field
experience in a related administrative or regulatory occupation is usually required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
Municipal and provincial government agencies
Engineering Inspectors and Regulatory Officers (2262)
Immigration, Employment Insurance and Revenue Officers (1228)
Inspectors in Public and Environmental Health and Occupational Health and Safety (2263)
Other Protective Service Occupations (6465)
Police Officers (Except Commissioned) (6261)
Sheriffs and Bailiffs (6461)