6443.1 Gambling Casino Supervisors
Supervisors in this group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of gambling casino workers.
shift manager, gambling casino
supervisor, gaming tables
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability to supervise and co-ordinate the work of gambling casino workers
- Verbal and numerical ability to train casino staff and to oversee the preparation of reports related to the activities of staff who calculate and pay out winning bets and jackpots and collect losing bets
- Social interest in resolving problems that arise, such as patrons' complaints and work related issues
- Methodical interest in co-ordinating and scheduling activities of staff working at gaming tables and slot machines
- Directive interest in supervising and training casino workers; and in monitoring gaming tables
3Near and far vision
2Standing and/or walking
1Upper limb co-ordination
L1Regulated inside climate
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Gambling casino supervisors usually require experience in all gambling activities.
- Security clearance is required for all gambling casino workers.
- Casino gaming licences are usually required for all casino employees.
Amusement ride, sports facility and bingo hall workers (in 6671 Operators and Attendants in Amusement, Recreation and Sport)
Supervisors of attendants in recreation and sport (in 6216 Other Service Supervisors)