Quick Search - Results
Labourers in this unit group perform clean-up, packaging, material handling and other elemental activities related to fish and seafood processing. They are employed in fish and seafood processing and packaging plants.
fish briner – fish processing
fish plant labourer
fish salter – fish processing
shellfish packer – fish processingView all titles
Labourers in fish and seafood processing perform some or all of the following duties:
- Unload fish and shellfish from fishing vessels and transport them by hand or forklift truck to work area in fish processing plant
- Immerse fresh fish fillets in brine solution to condition them for wrapping or freezing
- Weigh fish or shellfish, record weight and pack fish in ice
- Sort fish according to species, weight and destination
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Transport supplies and packaging materials throughout plant and storage area manually or with powered equipment
- Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines.
- Some secondary school education may be required.
- Progression to other occupations in the fish processing industry is possible with experience.
- Fish and seafood plant workers
- Foremen/women of workers in fish processing
9213 Supervisors, food, beverage and associated products processing
Classification Structure - 9