Quick Search - Results
Labourers in this unit group carry out a variety of material handling, cleaning and routine general labouring activities. They are employed by petroleum and natural gas processing, pipeline and petrochemical, chemical and pharmaceutical companies, and by electrical, water and waste treatment utilities and services.
cleaner, filter – chemical processing
cleaner, still – chemical processing
coating machine feeder – chemical processing
helper – chemical processing
labourer – gas utility
loader – chemical processing
water intake tender
waterworks labourerView all titles
Labourers in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Feed and unload production machinery and equipment
- Clean chemical processing machines and equipment and production areas
- Move, sort and pile materials and products manually and using powered equipment
- Assist other workers to operate, repair and maintain process equipment, gas distribution, water filtration and waste plant equipment
- Perform general duties such as basic construction, painting and other manual tasks.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- Considerable mobility is possible among jobs in this unit group.
- Progression to operator positions in the chemical or utility industry is possible with experience and appropriate qualifications.
- Chemical plant machine operators
- Petroleum, gas and chemical process operators
- Supervisors, petroleum, gas and chemical processing and utilities
- Water and waste treatment plant operators
- Waterworks and gas maintenance workers
Classification Structure - 9