Quick Search - Results
9471 Plateless printing equipment operatorsThis unit group includes workers who operate laser printers, computerized high speed colour copiers and other printing machines to print text, illustrations and designs on a wide variety of materials such as paper, plastic, glass, leather, and metal. They are employed in rapid printing services, newspaper and magazine publishing companies, commercial printing companies and in manufacturing and other establishments that have in-house printing facilities.
Example Titlescolour copier operator
electronic sign maker operator
embossing-imprinting machine operator
laser printer operator
printing machine operator – printing
quick print machine operator
silk-screen printing machine operator
View all titles
Printing machine operators perform some or all of the following duties:
- Review work order to determine job specifications, such as ink colour and quantity required
- Set up and make adjustments to printing machine, such as filling ink or paint reservoirs and loading stock
- Input codes and key in programming data on console keyboard of computerized machines
- Operate and monitor printing machines during print run and make adjustments as required
- Clean machines and replace worn parts.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- Completion of college or other specialized courses in printing may be required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Printing press operators
- Supervisors, printing and related occupations
- Textile printing machine operators
9441 Textile fibre and yarn, hide and pelt processing machine operators and workers
Classification Structure - 9