Quick Search - Results
9231 Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processingCentral control and process operators, mineral and metal processing, operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery and equipment to control the processing of mineral ores, metals or cement. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries and cement processing plants.
Example Titlesblast furnace operator
central control caster
central control room operator – primary metal processing
chief flotation operator
console operator – cement manufacturing
pelletizing control operator
roaster operator – primary metal processing
rolling mill control operator
View all titles
Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing, perform some or all of the following duties:
- Co-ordinate and monitor the operation of a particular aspect of mineral ore, metal and cement processing production through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems, usually from a central control room
- Operate multi-function central process control machinery to grind, separate, filter, melt, roast, treat, refine or otherwise process mineral ores
- Observe computer printouts, video monitors and gauges to verify specified processing conditions and to make necessary adjustments
- Co-ordinate and supervise production crew such as machine and process operators, tenders, assistants and helpers
- Start up and shut down the production system in cases of emergency or as required by schedule
- Provide or organize training for members of production crew
- Maintain shift log of production and other data and prepare production and other reports.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A college diploma may be required for some positions in this group.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Several years of experience as a machine or process operator, usually in the same company or production department, are required.
- There is little mobility among the various types of central control and process operators within the mineral and metal processing industry.
- With experience, central control and process operators may progress to supervisory positions in mineral and metal processing.
- Foundry furnace operators and casters
9412 Foundry workers
- Machine operators, mineral and metal processing
- Supervisors, mineral and metal processing
Classification Structure - 9