Quick Search - Results
Retail salespersons sell, rent or lease a range of technical and non-technical goods and services directly to consumers. They are employed by stores and other retail businesses, as well as wholesale businesses that sell on a retail basis to the public.
audio equipment salesperson
car rental agent
computer salesperson – retail
counter clerk – retail
department store clerk
hardware store clerk
retail sales associate
retail sales clerk
retail salespersonView all titles
Retail salespersons perform some or all of the following duties:
- Greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental or lease
- Advise customers on use and care of merchandise, and provide advice concerning specialized products or services
- Estimate or quote prices, credit terms, trade-in allowances, warranties and delivery dates
- Prepare merchandise for purchase, rental or lease
- Prepare sales, rental or leasing contracts and accept cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit payment
- Assist in display of merchandise
- Maintain sales records for inventory control
- Operate computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
Retail salespersons may specialize and act as consultants in home entertainment systems, computers and other products and services.
- May conduct sales transactions through Internet-based electronic commerce.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- A university degree or college diploma may be required by some employers.
- Specific subject matter courses or training may be required.
- Demonstrated sales ability and product knowledge are usually required for retail salespersons who sell complex or valuable merchandise, such as automobiles, antiques or computers.
- Technical or sales training programs may be provided by employers.
- Progression to retail supervisory positions is possible with additional training or experience.
- Retail stock clerks
6622 Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers
- Sales clerk supervisors
6211 Retail sales supervisors
Classification Structure - 6