Quick Search - Results
5135 Actors and comediansActors and comedians perform roles in motion picture, television, theatre and radio productions to entertain a variety of audiences. They are employed by motion picture, television, theatre and other production companies. This unit group includes acting teachers employed by private acting schools.
Example Titlesacting teacher – private or studio
drama teacher – private or studio
View all titles
Actors and comedians perform some or all of the following duties:
- Study and rehearse lines, gestures and expressions to interpret a role
- Portray roles in video or motion picture productions, television shows, theatre productions, radio dramas, commercials and other productions or perform the narration
- Sing or dance as required by specific roles
- Perform comedy acts in nightclubs alone or as members of comedy troupes
- Improvise a role.
Acting teachers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Train students in interpretation of scripts, speech, movement, and dramatic theory
- Prepare acting students for specific auditions and performances.
- Demonstrated ability, based on an audition or previous acting roles, is an important hiring criteria.
- Acting programs are offered at universities, colleges and private acting schools.
- Acting teachers usually require experience as actors.
- Membership in a guild or union may be required.
- Announcers and other broadcasters
- Drama professors
4011 University professors and lecturers
- Musicians and singers
- Other performers, n.e.c.
Classification Structure - 5