Quick Search - Results
4412 Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupationsHome support workers provide personal care and companionship for seniors, persons with disabilities and convalescent clients. Care is provided within the client's residence, in which the home support worker may also reside. They are employed by home care and support agencies, private households, or they may be self-employed. Housekeepers perform housekeeping and other home management duties in private households and other non-institutional, residential settings.
Example Titlesattendant for persons with disabilities – home care
home support worker
live-in caregiver – seniors
personal aide – home support
personal care attendant – home care
respite worker – home support
View all titles
Home support workers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Provide care and companionship for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, convalescence or family disruption
- Administer bedside and personal care to clients such as aid in ambulation, bathing, personal hygiene, and dressing and undressing
- Plan and prepare meals and special diets, and feed or assist in feeding clients
- May perform routine health-related duties such as changing non-sterile dressings, assisting in the administration of medications and collecting specimens under the general direction of home care agency supervisor or nurse
- May perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds.
Housekeepers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Perform housekeeping and other home management duties under general direction of employer
- Plan and prepare meals independently or with employer, and may serve meals
- May care for children.
- Some secondary school education is usually required.
- Home management experience may be required.
- College or other courses in home support may be required.
- First aid certification may be required.
- Completion of a training program in care of the elderly, care of persons with disabilities, convalescent care or in a related field may be required.
- There is mobility among the occupations in this group.
- Home child care providers
Classification Structure - 4