Quick Search - Results
3221 DenturistsDenturists examine patients and design, construct and repair removable dentures. Most denturists work in private practice.
Example Titlesdental mechanic
View all titles
Denturists perform some or all of the following duties:
- Measure patients' jaws to determine size and shape of dentures required
- Make impressions of patients' teeth, gums and jaws
- Design and construct dentures or direct other workers to construct dentures
- Insert, fit and modify new dentures
- Repair dentures
- Reline, rebase and adjust dentures
- Fabricate mouth protectors, anti-snoring prostheses and removable prostheses on implants
- May order radiographs
- May prepare partial dentures
- May perform denture whitening and cleaning.
- Completion of a two- or three-year college program in denturism/denturology is required.
- An internship in a registered denture clinic may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial regulatory body is required.
- Dental assistants
- Dental hygienists and dental therapists
- Dental technologists, technicians and laboratory assistants
Classification Structure - 3