Quick Search - Results
2262 Engineering inspectors and regulatory officersEngineering inspectors and regulatory officers inspect transportation vehicles such as aircraft, watercraft, automobiles and trucks and weighing and measuring devices such as scales and meters as well as industrial instruments, processes and equipment for conformity to government and industry standards and regulations. They are employed by government agencies and in the private sector.
Example Titlesairworthiness inspector
inspector, air carrier maintenance
inspector, air transport
inspector, electricity and gas meters
inspector, weights and measures
insurance loss prevention inspector
marine damage surveyor
motor vehicle defects investigator
railway accident investigation officer
regulatory officer, engineering
View all titles
The following is a summary of the main duties for some occupations in this unit group:
- Motor vehicles defects investigators conduct motor vehicle and motor vehicle component defect investigations, examinations, tests and defect-related accident investigations; provide expert advice and testimony on specific motor vehicle performance problems or defects and recommend improvements in vehicle inspection and licensing procedures and vehicle safety standards.
- Railway accident investigation officers collect and analyze data from train derailments, collisions, and other accidents to determine the causes and inspect and evaluate railway property, structures, rolling stock, signals, track structure and train handling characteristics to ensure compliance to operating standards.
- Airworthiness inspectors conduct initial and regular inspections of establishments and individuals holding or applying for air carrier operating certificates and establishments engaged in aircraft maintenance, repair or modification; inspect aircraft, advise of any deficiencies and detain aircraft suspected of being unairworthy or unsafe.
- Inspectors, weights and measures conduct inspections and tests of a variety of mechanical and electronic weighing and measuring devices and systems; prepare draft investigative reports of findings and recommend corrective or enforcement action.
- Oil and gas drilling rig inspectors conduct onshore and offshore inspections of drilling and well servicing equipment and processes to ensure compliance with regulations and policies and to recommend improvements and corrective action.
- University degree or college diploma in an appropriate engineering field
Trade qualifications and extensive related work experience are required.
- Appropriate professional engineering or engineering technology certification and licences may be required.
- Construction inspectors
- Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
- Non-destructive testers and inspection technicians
Classification Structure - 2