Quick Search - Results
1212 Supervisors, finance and insurance office workersSupervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Accounting and Related Clerks (1431), Payroll Clerks (1432), Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Clerks (1434) and Collectors (1435). They are employed by banks and other financial institutions, insurance companies, and by other establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
Example Titlesaccounts payable supervisor
accounts receivable supervisor
bank clerks supervisor
supervisor of accounting
supervisor, claims adjusters
View all titles
Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Implement efficient working processes and co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: administering accounts payable and receivable; processing, verifying and recording financial documents and forms; administering payrolls; processing, verifying and recording insurance claims and forms; and collecting user fees and payments on overdue accounts
- Examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine payments, credits and other transactions
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Identify training needs and train workers in job duties and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- Completion of a college program or courses in bookkeeping, accounting or a related subject is required.
- Experience in the clerical occupation supervised is required.
- Customer and information services supervisors
- Financial managers
- Other financial officers
Classification Structure - 1