Quick Search - Results
0911 Manufacturing managersManufacturing managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a manufacturing establishment or of a production department within a manufacturing establishment, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by manufacturing companies.
Example Titlesautomobile production manager
clothing factory manager
dairy plant manager
operations manager, manufacturing
plant manager, manufacturing
printing plant manager
production manager – manufacturing
textile mill manager
tire plant manager
View all titles
Manufacturing managers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a manufacturing establishment or the operations or production department of a manufacturing establishment
- Develop and implement plans to efficiently use materials, labour and equipment to meet production targets
- Plan and manage the establishment of departmental budget
- Develop production schedules and maintain an inventory of raw materials and finished products
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work
- Direct quality control inspection system and develop production reporting procedures
- Develop equipment maintenance schedules and recommend the replacement of machines
- Hire, supervise and train or oversee training of employees in the use of new equipment or production techniques.
- Completion of a college or university program in engineering or business administration is usually required.
- Five to ten years of supervisory experience in manufacturing are required.
- Progression to senior management positions is possible with experience.
- Facility operation and maintenance managers
- Managers in transportation
- Senior managers - construction, transportation, production and utilities
- Utilities managers
Classification Structure - 0