Quick Search - Results
0711 Construction managersConstruction managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a construction company or a construction department within a company, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and by construction departments of companies outside the construction industry.
Example Titlescommercial construction manager
housing construction manager
industrial construction manager
pipeline construction manager
project manager, construction
residential construction manager
View all titles
Construction managers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
- Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Represent company on matters such as business services and union contracts negotiation
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients
- Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions
- Hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff.
- A university degree in civil engineering or a college diploma in construction technology is usually required.
- A master's degree in project management may be required.
- Several years of experience in the construction industry, including experience as a construction supervisor or field superintendent, are usually required.
- Extensive experience in the construction industry may substitute for post-secondary education requirements.
- Professional engineering status or construction trade certification may be required by some employers.
- Progression to senior management positions is possible with experience.
- Home building and renovation managers
- Senior managers - construction, transportation, production and utilities
Classification Structure - 0