Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of hotel accommodation service clerks, casino workers, reservation clerks and other travel and accommodations workers not elsewhere classified. They are employed by service establishments throughout the public and private sectors.
dealers supervisor, casino
hotel clerk supervisor
tour guide supervisor
travel clerk supervisorView all titles
- Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors perform some or all of the following duties:
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of hotel, motel and other accommodation services clerks, casino workers, reservation clerks and other travel and accommodations workers not elsewhere classified
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Hire and train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of college courses related to the area supervised may be required.
- Experience in the occupation supervised is usually required.
- Progression to managerial positions is possible with additional training or experience.
- Accommodation service managers
- Food service supervisors
Classification Structure - 6