2175 Web designers and developersWeb designers and developers research, design, develop and produce Internet and Intranet sites. They are employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms, information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, advertising agencies or they may be self-employed.
Example TitlesInternet site designer
Internet site developer
Intranet site designer
Web site developer
e-business Web site developer
View all titles
Web designers and developers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Consult with clients to develop and document Web site requirements
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards
- Develop Web site architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Web site
- Create and optimize content for the Web site using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test Web-site related code
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
- May lead and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop Web site graphics, content, capacity and interactivity
- May research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products.
- A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, communications or business
Completion of a college program in computer science, graphic arts, Web design or business is required.
- Experience as a computer programmer or graphic designer is usually required.
- Computer network technicians
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- E-business managers
0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- Graphic designers and illustrators
- Information systems analysts and consultants
- Information systems testing technicians
- Network systems engineers
2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
Classification Structure - 2