Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Mail, Postal and Related Workers
(1511), Letter Carriers
(1512) and Couriers, Messengers and Door-to-Door Distributors
(1513). They are employed by Canada Post Corporation, courier companies, governments and large corporations.
courier service supervisor
letter carriers supervisor
mail and postal clerks supervisor
mail room supervisor
messenger service supervisor
postal station supervisor
postmaster/mistressView all titles
Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of postal clerks, letter carriers and couriers engaged in the collecting, sorting and delivering of mail, parcels and other material
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Several years of experience in the occupation supervised are usually required.
- Postal and courier services managers
- Shipping and receiving supervisors
1215 Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations
Classification Structure - 1