Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in minor groups: General Office Workers
(141) and Office Equipment Operators
(142). They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
data entry supervisor
filing clerks supervisor
hospital admitting clerks supervisor
personnel clerks supervisor
records office supervisor
supervisor, switchboard operatorsView all titles
Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: word processing; record keeping and filing; operating telephones and switchboards; data entry; desktop publishing; and other activities involving general office and administrative skills
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of office equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of college courses related to area supervised is usually required.
- Experience in the occupation supervised is usually required.
- Office managers
1221 Administrative officers
- Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers
- Supervisors, library, correspondence and related information workers
- Supervisors, mail and message distribution occupations
- Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations
Classification Structure - 1