Advertising, marketing and public relations managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of establishments and departments involved in commercial, industrial and e-business advertising, marketing and public relations. They are employed by commercial and industrial establishments, government departments, and advertising, marketing and public relations firms or consulting businesses.
Internet communications manager
Web communications manager
Web marketing manager
director, media relations
director, public relations
fundraising campaign manager
sales and marketing managerView all titles
Advertising, marketing, public relations and e-business managers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Advertising managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of firms and departments that develop and implement advertising campaigns to promote the sales of products and services.
- Marketing managers establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments.
- Public relations managers direct and evaluate establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations.
- E-business managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the design, development and maintenance of Internet and Intranet sites to manage an organization's Internet presence including public relations, communications and commercial activities.
Advertising and public relations managers
- A university degree or college diploma in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or in a related field
Several years of experience in an advertising, public relations or communications officer position or in a related occupation are required.
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration or in a related field with a specialization in sales or marketing
Several years of experience as a sales, marketing or public relations representative or in a related occupation are required.
- A university degree or college diploma in a field related to electronic commerce, Web site content development, or Internet services
Experience in Web site design, interactive media development, data administration or information systems analysis or experience related to Web site content are usually required.
- Progression to senior management positions is possible with experience.
- Corporate sales managers
- Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
- Retail and wholesale trade managers
- Retail sales supervisors
- Senior managers - trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c.
- Supervisors of technical salespersons
6221 Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade
- Wholesale trade representatives supervisors
6411 Sales and account representatives - wholesale trade (non-technical)
Classification Structure - 0