9227 Supervisors, other products manufacturing and assemblyThis unit group includes supervisors, not elsewhere classified, who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who assemble, fabricate and inspect a variety of products, such as jewellery, clocks and watches, millwork, sporting goods, toys and other miscellaneous products. They are employed in a wide variety of manufacturing companies.
Example Titlesforeman/woman, bicycle assembly
foreman/woman, clock and watch assembly
foreman/woman, jewellery manufacturing
foreman/woman, millwork assembly
supervisor, millwork assembly
supervisor, silverware manufacturing
supervisor, sports equipment assembly
supervisor, toy manufacturing
View all titles
Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of workers who assemble, fabricate and inspect products, such as jewellery, clocks, watches, bicycles, millwork, sporting goods and toys
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- Several years of experience as an assembler or inspector in the same company are usually required.
- There is little mobility between different types of supervisors in this unit group.
- Other labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities
- Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors
- Supervisors of woodworking machine operators
9224 Supervisors, furniture and fixtures manufacturing
Classification Structure - 9