Air transport ramp attendants operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment, handle cargo and baggage and perform other ground support duties at airports. They are employed by airline and air services companies and the federal government.
airport ramp attendant
cargo attendant, air transport
ramp agent, air transport
ramp attendant, air transport
station attendant, air transportView all titles
Air transport ramp attendants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Drive and operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment such as towing tractors, food service trucks, de-icer sprayers and lavatory servicing trucks
- Position passenger loading stairs and operate aircraft cargo doors
- Marshal or tow aircrafts to gate positions for passenger boarding and deplaning and for loading and unloading of cargo
- Sort and load cargo and passenger baggage according to instructions forwarded by load planner to achieve proper balance
- Unload, sort and route cargo and baggage
- Transport freight between aircraft and airport warehouse
- Clean and prepare aircraft interior for passengers and wash aircraft exterior.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Experience operating baggage transporting equipment or warehouse experience may be required.
- A driver's licence and a good driving record are usually required.
- There is mobility among jobs in this unit group.
- Airline load planners
6523 Airline ticket and service agents
- Material handlers
Classification Structure - 7