6525 Hotel front desk clerksHotel front desk clerks make room reservations, provide information and services to guests and receive payment for services. They are employed by hotels, motels and resorts.
Example Titlesguest services agent – hotel
hotel front desk clerk
reservations clerk – hotel
View all titles
Hotel front desk clerks perform some or all of the following duties:
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Answer enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by letter, by telephone and in person, provide information about services available in the community and respond to guests' complaints
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems
- Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment.
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent is usually required.
- Completion of a two-year apprenticeship program, or a college program in front desk operations or hotel management may be required.
- Guest service trade certification is available, but voluntary, in all provinces and the Yukon from the Tourism Education Council.
- Progression to senior positions such as accommodations manager is possible with additional training and experience.
- Supervisors, hotel front desk clerk
0632 Accommodation service managers
- Travel counsellors
Classification Structure - 6