2172 Database analysts and data administratorsDatabase analysts design, develop and administer data management solutions using database management software. Data administrators develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.
Example Titlesdata administrator
data dictionary administrator
data warehouse analyst
database administrator (DBA)
technical architect – database
View all titles
Database analysts perform some or all of the following duties:
- Collect and document user requirements
- Design and develop database architecture for information systems projects
- Design, construct, modify, integrate, implement and test data models and database management systems
- Conduct research and provide advice to other informatics professionals regarding the selection, application and implementation of database management tools
- Operate database management systems to analyze data and perform data mining analysis.
- May lead, co-ordinate or supervise other workers in this group.
Data administrators perform some or all of the following duties:
- Develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models
- Research and document data requirements, data collection and administration policy, data access rules and security
- Develop policies and procedures for network and/or Internet database access and usage and for the backup and recovery of data
- Conduct research and provide advice to other information systems professionals regarding the collection, availability, security and suitability of data
- Write scripts related to stored procedures and triggers
- May lead and co-ordinate teams of data administrators in the development and implementation of data policies, standards and models.
- A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science or in mathematics
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
- Computer programming experience is usually required.
- Computer and information systems managers
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Information systems analysts and consultants
- Software engineers and designers
- Web designers and developers
Classification Structure - 2