1243 Medical administrative assistantsMedical administrative assistants perform a variety of secretarial and administrative duties in doctor's offices, hospitals, medical clinics and other medical settings.
Example Titlesadministrative assistant – medical
View all titles
Medical secretaries perform some or all of the following duties:
- Schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and patients
- Enter and format electronically based medical reports and correspondence and prepare spreadsheets and documents for review
- Interview patients in order to complete forms, documents and case histories
- Complete insurance and other claim forms
- Initiate and maintain confidential medical files and records
- Prepare draft agendas for meetings and take, transcribe and distribute minutes
- Prepare financial statements and billing
- Establish and maintain various internal office administrative support procedures such as document tracking and filing and monthly reporting
- Order supplies and maintain inventory
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- May supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a one- or two-year college program or other specialized courses for secretaries or medical secretaries is usually required.
- Health information management occupations
- Medical records clerks
1411 General office support workers
- Medical transcriptionists
1251 Court reporters, medical transcriptionists and related occupations
Classification Structure - 1