1223 Human resources and recruitment officersHuman resources and recruitment officers identify and advertise job vacancies, recruit candidates, and assist in the selection and reassignment of employees. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
Example Titleshuman resources officer
View all titles
Human resources and recruitment officers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Identify current and prospective staffing requirements, prepare and post notices and advertisements, and collect and screen applications
- Advise job applicants on employment requirements and on terms and conditions of employment
- Review candidate inventories and contact potential applicants to arrange interviews and arrange transfers, redeployment and placement of personnel
- Recruit graduates of colleges, universities and other educational institutions
- Co-ordinate and participate in selection and examination boards to evaluate candidates
- Notify applicants of results of selection process and prepare job offers
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures
- Organize and administer staff consultation and grievance procedures
- Negotiate settlements of appeals and disputes and co-ordinate termination of employment process
- Determine eligibility to entitlements, arrange staff training and provide information or services such as employee assistance, counselling and recognition programs
- May supervise personnel clerks performing filing and record-keeping duties.
- A university degree or college diploma in a field related to personnel management such as business administration, industrial relations, commerce or psychology
Completion of a professional development program in personnel administration is usually required.
- Certification as a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) may be required.
- Some experience in a clerical or administrative position related to personnel administration may be required.
- Progression to specialist and management positions is possible with experience.
- Human resources managers
- Human resources professionals
- Personnel clerks
- Training officers and instructors
4021 College and other vocational instructors
Classification Structure - 1