1221 Administrative officersAdministrative officers oversee and implement administrative procedures, establish work priorities, conduct analyses of administrative operations and co-ordinate acquisition of administrative services such as office space, supplies and security services. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors. Administrative officers who are supervisors are included in this group.
Example Titlesaccess to information and privacy officer
administrative services co-ordinator
co-ordinator, office services
forms management officer
records analyst – access to information
surplus assets officer
university admissions officer
View all titles
Administrative officers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures
- Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
- Carry out administrative activities associated with admissions to post-secondary educational institutions
- Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation
- Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as accommodation, relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
- Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to budgeting, contracting and project planning and management processes
- Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
- May supervise records management technicians and related staff.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A university degree or college diploma in business or public administration may be required.
- Experience in a senior clerical or executive secretarial position related to office administration is usually required.
- Project management certification may be required by some employers.
- Progression to administrative service management positions is possible with experience.
- Administrative services managers
0114 Other administrative services managers
- Conference and event planners
- Executive assistants
- Property administrators
Classification Structure - 1