6621.2 Marina Service Station Attendants
Marina service station attendants sell fuel, rent boats and related equipment, and maintain marina facilities.
service station attendant
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability to understand and apply simple boat-servicing instructions
- Numerical ability to receive payments from customers
- Manual dexterity to maintain dock areas and marina facilities, and to assist in seasonal moving of ramps and docks
- Methodical interest in comparing information to check oil levels and to record rental data
- Objective interest in operating – manipulating to refuel boats and pump marine septic systems
- Social interest in serving customers by performing routine maintenance work on boats and by renting boats, life jackets and other equipment
3Near and far vision
4Other body positions
1Upper limb co-ordination
L1Regulated inside climate
H1Dangerous chemical substances
- Some secondary school education is usually required.
- Propane and natural gas pump attendants may require an operator's licence.
Auto technicians (in 7321 Automotive Service Technicians, Truck Mechanics and Mechanical Repairers)
Self-serve gas bar cashiers (in 6611 Cashiers)
Service station managers (in 0621 Retail Trade Managers)
Service station supervisors (in 6211 Retail Trade Supervisors)