6621.1 Automotive Service Station Attendants
Automotive service station attendants sell fuel and other automotive products, and perform such services as fuelling, cleaning, lubricating and performing minor repairs to motor vehicles.
gas station attendant (except self-serve)
service station attendant
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability to understand and apply simple motor-vehicle servicing instructions
- Numerical ability to receive payment from customers
- Manual dexterity to perform minor automotive service and maintenance
- Methodical interest in comparing information to check oil levels, tire pressures and fluid levels
- Objective interest in operating – manipulating to refuel vehicles and replace parts such as tires, light bulbs, and windshield wiper blades; and in performing minor property maintenance duties such as sweeping service station lot, trimming shrubs, scrubbing service bays and painting curbs
- Social interest in serving customers by performing minor repairs and maintenance work on motor vehicles, operating car wash facility and by selling fuel and other automotive products; may pick up and deliver customers' cars for service station automotive repair department
3Near and far vision
2Standing and/or walking
1Upper limb co-ordination
L1Regulated inside climate
H1Dangerous chemical substances
- Some secondary school education is usually required.
- Propane and natural gas pump attendants may require an operator's licence.
Automotive service stations
Auto technicians (in 7321 Automotive Services Technicians, Truck Mechanics and Mechanical Repairers)
Self-serve gas bar cashiers (in 6611 Cashiers)
Service station managers (in 0621 Retail Trade Managers)
Service station supervisors (in 6211 Retail Trade Supervisors)