6482.5 Scalp Treatment Specialists
Scalp treatment specialists provide scalp treatments to enhance their clients' physical appearance.
scalp treatment specialist
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability to understand and use specialized techniques for scalp treatment
- Verbal ability to communicate with clients
- Form perception to assess scalp conditions
- Finger and manual dexterity to massage, shampoo and steam hair and scalp of clients
- Methodical interest in copying information to maintain clients' treatment records
- Objective interest in operating – manipulating specialized equipment; and in using hands to apply medications and massage scalps
- Social interest in serving – assisting clients by applying medicated lotions to treat scalp conditions and hair loss
2Standing and/or walking
1Upper limb co-ordination
L1Regulated inside climate
- Completion of high school, college or a beauty school program is required
on-the-job training is provided.
- A business licence is required for workers in this group who are owners/operators of businesses offering this service.
- Practitioners offering this service are required to adhere to infection control procedures.
Hair replacement clinics
Scalp treatment clinics
There is little or no mobility among the different occupations in the 6482 group without additional specialized training.
Hairstylists and Barbers (6271)
Image, Social and Other Personal Consultants (6481)
Make-up artists (in 5226 Other Technical and Co-ordinating Occupations in Motion Pictures, Broadcasting and the Performing Arts)