6481.5 Weight Loss Consultants
Weight loss consultants advise clients on their personal appearance and weight-loss goals to improve their personal or business images.
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability to understand and apply knowledge of weight-loss regimes and programs
- Verbal ability to arrange appointments, meet clients and explain services and fees
- Clerical perception to take accurate weight and body measurements
- Social interest in persuading clients by advising them on diet, eating behaviour and exercise
- Methodical interest in compiling information to assist clients to determine weight-loss goals
- Directive interest in administering commercial weight-loss programs and providing appropriate support services
L1Regulated inside climate
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Specialized training courses are available for weight loss consultants.
- Experience and expertise in fashion, art, modelling or related fields are usually required.
Image consulting companies
Cosmeticians and manicurists (in 6482 Estheticians, Electrologists and Related Occupations)
Hairstylists and Barbers (6271)
Modelling school instructors (in 4216 Other Instructors)