6463.3 Commercial Transport Inspectors
Commercial transport inspectors enforce regulations of provincial and municipal governments.
commercial transport inspector
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability to acquire knowledge of regulations
- Verbal ability to understand the technical language of regulations and communicate information effectively
- Numerical ability and clerical perception to ensure that commercial vehicles meet regulations governing load restrictions
- Methodical interest in compiling information to inspect commercial vehicles to ensure compliance with regulations governing load restrictions, the transportation of hazardous materials and public safety
- Directive interest in speaking with transport drivers and companies to advise on standards and adherence to regulations
- Objective interest in operating equipment to conduct inspections of commercial vehicles
3Near and far vision
3Sitting, standing, walking
1Upper limb co-ordination
L1Regulated inside climate
L4In a vehicle or cab
H1Dangerous chemical substances
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a college program or courses in law and security or other related field
experience in a related administrative or regulatory occupation is usually required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
Municipal and provincial government agencies
Engineering Inspectors and Regulatory Officers (2262)
Immigration, Employment Insurance and Revenue Officers (1228)
Inspectors in Public and Environmental Health and Occupational Health and Safety (2263)
Other Protective Service Occupations (6465)
Police Officers (Except Commissioned) (6261)
Sheriffs and Bailiffs (6461)