6441.1 Tour Guides
Tour guides escort individuals and groups on trips, sightseeing tours of cities and tours of historical sites and establishments such as famous buildings, manufacturing plants, cathedrals and theme parks.
adventure travel site interpreter
factory tour guide
industrial site interpreter
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning and verbal ability to transport and escort individuals and groups on tours of cities, waterways and industrial and other establishments, and to provide descriptive and background information on interesting features
- Numerical ability and clerical perception to make arithmetical calculations; may collect admission fees
- Social interest in speaking to sightseers to answer questions; may sell souvenirs
- Methodical interest in copying information to describe points of interest, supply information and provide historical and cultural facts related to the site
- Directive interest in making transportation and other arrangements
4Total visual field
3Sitting, standing, walking
2Multiple limb co-ordination
L1Regulated inside climate
L4In a vehicle or cab
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Knowledge of both official languages or an additional language may be required for some positions in this group.
Resorts and similar establishments
Museum guides and historical and heritage interpreters (in 5212 Technical Occupations Related to Museums and Art Galleries)
Outdoor Sport and Recreational Guides (6442)
Tour operators (in 0621 Retail Trade Managers)