6434.2 Cargo Service Representatives (Except Airline)
Cargo service representatives quote fares and rates, process cargo shipments, check baggage and provide related customer services to assist travellers.
cargo customer service representative
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability to route inbound and outbound cargo shipments to their destinations, and to trace lost and misdirected passenger baggage and cargo shipments
- Verbal ability to quote fares and rates for cargo shipments
- Numerical ability to determine costs for shipments using rate tables and schedules
- Clerical perception to prepare and maintain shipping and other documents
- Methodical interest in computing shipment costs including charges for services and insurance
- Objective interest in handling passenger baggage for checking purposes and to sort for loading by baggage handlers; may load baggage directly onto buses, railway cars and cruise ships
- Social interest in speaking to provide customer services and assist travellers
4Other body positions
1Upper limb co-ordination
L1Regulated inside climate
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Up to 10 weeks of training may be provided.
Boat cruise operators
Bus and railway companies
Freight forwarding and shipping companies
Public transit companies
Ticket agents and cargo service representatives may perform the same duties depending on the size and location of the operation.
Progression to supervisory positions is possible through experience.
Airline Sales and Service Agents (6433)
Baggage handlers in rail, marine and motor transportation (in 6672 Other Attendants in Accommodation and Travel)
Supervisors of ticket and cargo agents and related clerks in this group (in 6216 Other Service Supervisors)
Travel Counsellors (6431)