5244.9 Artistic Floral Arrangers
Artistic floral arrangers design floral arrangements.
artistic floral arranger
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability and spatial perception to design bouquets, corsages, sprays, wreaths and other floral arrangements; and to apply knowledge of plants and social, religious and ethnic customs in developing floral designs
- Motor co-ordination and manual dexterity to cut, trim and arrange natural and artificial foliage and flowers and to decorate arrangements with accessories
- Innovative interest in synthesizing information to design bouquets, corsages, sprays, wreaths and other floral arrangements and to select natural and artificial flowers, foliage and decorative accessories to create arrangements and other floal items
- Objective interest in precision working with natural and artificial flowers, foliage and decorative accessories
- Social interest in speaking with customers to discuss floral settings and to suggest types of flowers, plants, floral arrangements and decorations appropriate for customers' requirements
3Sitting, standing, walking
1Upper limb co-ordination
L1Regulated inside climate
- Skills are often learned through apprenticeship with a master craftsperson.
- Training programs are offered by artisan guilds, colleges and private studios.
- A college diploma in fine craft techniques may be required.
- Creative ability and talent, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work and knowledge of safe handling of material, tools and equipment are required.
Florist departments of retail establishments
Floral arranger – retail (in 6421 Retail Salespersons and Sales Clerks)
* Environmental Conditions
For some occupations in this group, D
iscomforts D3 (Odours) and D5 (Wetness) may also apply.