4167.6 Sports Consultants
Sports consultants advise and consult on the design and development of sports programs.
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability to advise and consult with sports associations and other organizations on the design, development and administration of sports programs and activities
- Verbal and numerical ability to negotiate financial assistance for associations from government agencies
- Social interest in consulting to provide administrative and management advice to associations on the effective use of staff and resources
- Directive interest in co-ordinating information to mediate and facilitate interaction among associations, communities, government agencies and other groups when developing programs and activities
- Innovative interest in designing programs that meet the needs of participants at all levels of sports
3Near and far vision
3Sitting, standing, walking
L1Regulated inside climate
- A university degree in recreation administration, sports administration, physical education, kinesiology or related discipline combined with some work experience in a related field
a college diploma in a recreation, sports or fitness program combined with some experience in a related field is usually required.
Health and sports organizations
Sports and fitness consulting firms
Mobility among recreation, sports and fitness consultants may be restricted within individual area of expertise.
Program Leaders and Instructors in Recreation and Sport (5254)
Recreation and Sports Program and Service Directors (0513)