0912.3 Natural Gas Supply Managers
Natural gas supply managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of natural gas distribution services and utility companies.
director, distribution systems – utilities
manager, gas supply operations
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability to plan and organize the activities of services and utilities delivering gas to residential, commercial and industrial consumers
- Verbal and numerical ability to prepare reports and budget recommendations
- Directive interest in co-ordinating information to direct, control and evaluate the operations of service and utility companies delivering gas to consumers and to establish supervisory policies
- Innovative interest in negotiating with associates in solving interrelated organizational and technical problems; and in evaluating new industrial developments
- Methodical interest in monitoring supply inventories and in controlling the recording of injections and withdrawals
L1Regulated inside climate
- A bachelor's degree in an appropriate engineering discipline is required.
- Several years of experience as a supervisor in a related utilities operations department are required.
- Professional engineer certification is usually required for managers of utility operations involved in the distribution of natural gas.
Private and public sector utilities
Progression to senior management positions in the utility industry is possible with experience.
Facility Operation and Maintenance Managers (0721)
Senior Managers – Goods Production, Utilities, Transportation and Construction (0016)