0132 Postal and Courier Services Managers
Postal and courier services managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations in postal facilities and establishments that provide courier services.
courier service manager
mail processing plant manager
manager, collection and delivery operations
manager, mail operations
messenger service manager
parcel processing plant manager
post office manager
postal station superintendent
production control manager – postal service
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability to plan and organize postal and courier services, review effectiveness of operations and implement changes
- Verbal ability to interview, hire and provide training for staff
- Numerical ability and clerical perception to prepare budget estimates and administer the expenditures of postal and courier facilities
- Directive interest in co-ordinating information to direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of divisions within Canada Post, postal facilities and courier service companies
- Methodical interest in managing the accurate and expedient movement of mail and parcels through postal and parcel sorting facilities
- Social interest in negotiating with supervisors and other staff to co-ordinate their duties
L1Regulated inside climate
- A university degree or college diploma is usually required.
- Several years of supervisory experience or operational experience within a postal or courier facility are usually required.
Canada Post Corporation
Postmasters (in 1214 Supervisors, Mail and Message Distribution Occupations))