0123 Other Business Services Managers
Managers in this group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of establishments that provide services to business, and ensure the quality of those services and client satisfaction. They provide business services such as management consulting, market research, personnel services, payroll services, advertising services and security services.
accounting firm manager
employment agency manager
legal firm manager
manager, management consulting service
manager, market research service
manager, nursing registry
payroll service manager
personnel agency manager
professional services manager – business services
security service manager
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability to plan and organize the operation of establishments that provide services to business, and to develop policies and procedures
- Verbal ability to prepare reports and to interview, hire and provide training for staff
- Numerical ability and clerical perception to plan, administer and control operational budgets, and to assist staff with administrative and technical problems
- Directive interest in co-ordinating information to direct, control and evaluate the operation of establishments that provide management consulting, market research, personnel services, payroll services, advertising services and security services to business; in directing and advising staff in the development and implementation of sales and marketing strategies; and in developing action plans, providing expertise in response to client needs, and supporting and advising project teams
- Methodical interest in administering and monitoring budgets for client projects, contracts, equipment and supplies
- Social interest in negotiating with other managers, specialists and staff to arrive at decisions; and in representing the company within various economic and social organizations
L1Regulated inside climate
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in a field related to the business service provided is usually required.
- Several years of experience in a field related to the business service provided are usually required.
- Licences, certificates or registration may be required for some business services managers. For example, accounting firm managers usually require accounting certification.
- University studies in business administration may be required.
Firms and agencies providing:
Business management services
Architecture and Science Managers (0212)
Banking, Credit and Other Investment Managers (0122)
Computer and Information Systems Managers (0213)
Engineering Managers (0211)
Insurance, Real Estate and Financial Brokerage Managers (0121)
Senior Managers – Financial, Communications and Other Business Services (0013)