0121.1 Insurance Managers
Insurance managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of departments and establishments that provide insurance services. They are generally responsible for business development and must ensure that their group reaches performance levels related to established objectives.
insurance claims service manager
Occupations in this group are characterized by the following aptitudes, interests and worker functions as they relate to main duties:
- General learning ability to plan and organize the operation of departments and establishments that provide automobile, fire, life, property and other types of insurance services
- Verbal ability to prepare management reports and review sales reports
- Numerical ability and clerical perception to prepare and oversee the preparation of operating budgets
- Directive interest in co-ordinating information to direct, control and evaluate the operation of departments and establishments providing insurance services
- Methodical interest in ensuring that the organization's activities and provision of services are carried out according to established policies and procedures
- Social interest in negotiating with other managers, specialists and staff to arrive at decisions
L1Regulated inside climate
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, economics or other related field is usually required.
- Several years of experience within the appropriate industry are usually required.
- Licensure appropriate to the sales of insurance services may be required.
- In the insurance industry, a recognized professional designation is usually required.
There is no mobility between the different types of managers in the 0121 group.
Progression to senior management positions is possible with experience.
Banking, Credit and Other Investment Managers (0122)
Financial Managers (0111)
Other Business Services Managers (0123)
Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers (0611)